Magic Tier I - Discovering Magic
Unlock magic for any dragon.
Elemental magic makes up the core of every creature in the world…but especially dragons! Mastering magic helps dragons in battle, daily work, and even breeding. Cross-bred dragons can only achieve total mastery of a single element. Their other element(s) will only reach tier three. Dragons with Elemental Anomaly will learn the first tier of that element’s magic, but no further.
Available to level 1 dragons. Draw your dragon using an element for the first time. Remember that they can only learn magic of their own element (with the exception of Day and Night dragons). Here are some low-level spell ideas to give you an idea of what to draw. Look at the individual element pages to learn more about that element’s magic!
- Light – Glamour, illusion, charm
- Fire – Explosions, warming light, pyromancy
- Jungle – Plant growth, curses, cures
- Thunder – Machine/construct manipulation, electric discharges, rune magic
- Earth – Earth/ground manipulation, ridiculous feats of strength, talking to animals
- Ocean – Visions of the future, healing magic, liquid merging
- Storm – Ice, lightning, water, and/or wind magic on a small scale that causes chaos
- Wind – Inspirational magic through song or dance, levitating, translation
- Dark – Seeing ghosts, seeing through darkness, shapeshifting
- Metal – Metal manipulation, aura reading, telepathy
Search Tools: (optional)
Magic Tier II - Developing the Skill
Grow your magic stronger!
Elemental magic makes up the core of every creature in the world…but especially dragons! Mastering magic helps dragons in battle, daily work, and even breeding. Cross-bred dragons can only achieve total mastery of a single element. Their other element(s) will only reach tier three.
Available to level two dragons. Throughout your activities and ARs, depict your dragon using the magic element it is trying to level up. Once your dragon has used corresponding magic in 5 pieces of art, they may achieve this tier. Markings of the corresponding element now have a greater chance of dropping during breeding. They may only learn one type of magic per image (or per 600 words in writing). When you are ready to advance in magic, put all five links in the comment section of the prompt and submit!
Form:Element Ranking Up:
Magic Tier III - Mother's Blessing
Boost the skills of your level 3 dragons.
Available to level three dragons. This must be its own submission and cannot be used as an activity image, courtship image, and so on. The eldest of your dragon’s element must be invoked in order to fully realize their magic. These ancient matrons are made of pure elemental magic and have the common physical traits for that element. Each element has three prompts. You may choose any of them for each attempt at earning a blessing. Your first prompt has a 40% chance of succeeding. Each subsequent prompt chance increases by 10%.
Light Blessing Prompts
- Pull off an amazing set of tack.
- Convince a would-be enemy to lend you aid.
- Use an illusion to scare off an enemy.
Fire Blessing Prompts
- Use fire to destroy an enemy that has wronged you.
- Navigate a wildfire to help save something precious inside.
- Use fire to create an amazing spectacle.
Jungle Blessing Prompts
- Create a poisonous curse that causes harm to others.
- Cure a disease that has plagued the community for some time.
- Use magic to help cultivated plants take root and bloom.
Thunder Blessing Prompts
- Rearrange your dragon’s functions to add a quality of life improvement for those around them.
- Quell the rage of a machine or magic construct that has gone out of control.
- Unleash an aurora across the sky.
Earth Blessing Prompts
- A natural obstacle has blocked a heavily traveled path—use your strength to clear it.
- Show your dragon excelling in battle.
- Depict your dragon testing its stamina through long distance travel or continuous work.
Ocean Blessing Prompts
- Receive an extraordinary vision of the future.
- Successfully prevent a disaster.
- Use healing magic to patch up a serious wound.
Storm Blessing Prompts
- Wreak havoc across the landscape through natural disasters.
- Navigate a storm to assist others in the disaster.
- Cause utter chaos on a grand scale to your community.
Wind Blessing Prompts
- Lead a group through disaster.
- Manipulate air close to the dragon.
- Perform an amazing song or dance.
Dark Blessing Prompts
- Navigate a treacherous area while blinded/blindfolded and without assistance.
- Find and locate a particular ghost to ask one last question.
- Participate in a ceremony after someone’s death. You can portray this any way you would like (E.G. burial, cremation, funeral, etc.).
Metal Blessing Prompts
- You come across an injured enemy or predator. Care for them.
- Shape a broken piece of metal into something new.
- Use your magic to discover or dispatch a criminal of some sort.
Previous Attempts: (if any)
Search Tools: (optional)
Magic Tier IV - Rider's Rites
Level four dragons and their Rider can finally master their element!
Available to level four dragons. This must be its own submission and cannot be used as an activity image, courtship image, and so on. By now, you should have a pretty good understanding of how the magic for your element works! In order to unlock the last stage of magic, your dragon must also have a Rider. Depict your Rider channeling or enhancing the magic that your dragon was blessed with. The dragon must be present. This prompt will always succeed. Note that Riders can help with any sort of magic, but magic outside of their Elemental Specialty can only be done alongside their dragon. Furthermore, a Rider must undergo these rites again for each dragon that wants to unlock their full potential–even if the Rider has learned that magic already. A dragon who has undergone rites with their Rider may receive elemental attributes on their import matching the element of the mastered magic. How this displays is up to you. It is recommended that you use your free level 5 import change to add these. Markings of the corresponding element now have an even greater chance of dropping during breeding.
Search Tools: (optional)
Rites of Renewal
When you are ready to submit your rites, fill out this form in the Prompt Submission comment area:
Rite One: (art link)
Rite Two: (art link)
Familiar Search(es): (optional)